The best printer
Canon imageCLASS MF744Cdw
Canon imageCLASS is our top-rated printer. This all in one laser printer was designed for offices. This model is exceptionally sturdy and has many connectivity options. It can print directly from a USB drive or Wi-Fi. It prints high-quality documents quickly and produces 29 color or black pages per minute. It has a high yield toner cartridge that prints around 3000 black pages and 2000 color prints. This makes it easy to maintain. While the cartridges are costly, they will last for a long time without needing to be replaced. Also, the cartridges have the drum built-in, so you won't need to spend extra to replace the drum separately. The scanner's ADF-equipped scanner can produce high-quality scans, and process double-sided sheets in one pass. However, the scanner is slow at scanning up to five pages per hour.
The main drawback with most laser printers is that they aren't very good for photo printing, and that's still true with the MF744Cdw. The Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 is an all in one inkjet printer that can be used for photo printing. The printer prints vivid, detailed photos and can be used for borderless printing of up to 13"x19". It is also supertank. This means that it can refill its ink tanks with ink bottles rather than cartridges. Low maintenance costs are eliminated by the availability of inexpensive replacement ink. Unfortunately, there are some trade-offs: it lacks an automatic document feeder, doesn't print as quickly, and is more expensive.
Read about this on Amazon
Best Portable Printer
HP Officejet 250You need something portable. HP OfficeJet250 might be the right choice for you. It comes with a rechargeable battery and can print approximately 225 pages. The full charge takes approximately an hour and a quarter.
It does not require an outlet. This makes it ideal for small businesses or individuals who need to print receipts when they travel for work. It is compact enough to fit an ADF scanner that has a maximum resolution of 600 DPI. This is sufficient for both text documents and photos.
It prints slowly, at 1 page per minute, for both color and black documents.
It's a bit faster when plugged in, but not by much. It can only print between 100 and 150 pages before it runs out of ink. This means that you will need extra cartridges to print additional pages during events or trips.
High-yield cartridges can last longer and are also compatible with third-party Ink.
- This all-in-one portable printer can scan, copy and print from almost anywhere. You can connect it to your printer using Wi-Fi Direct. The quiet, reliable machine is easy to use and has a long-lasting battery life.
- The 10-page automatic document feeder combines portability and productivity. You can quickly scan, copy, and print multipage documents with ease.
- HP Fast Charge offers reliable and high-powered performance. You can plug in your AC outlet to charge the printer in 90 minutes.
- Take the lead with fast mobile printing. You set the pace and make it a success wherever you are.
- Original HP cartridges (HP62 families) ensure that the printer works every time.
Read More Reviews
Best Wide Format Printer
Epson EcoTank E-15000Epson EcoTank ET-15000 printer supports tabloid-size papers This inkjet supertank model can produce thousands of prints making it an excellent choice for large posters.
It prints fast and can hold 270 sheets.
It does not work with tabloid size printing, so it isn't able to do duplex printing. You can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi or USB. It also supports Apple AirPrint. It is equipped with a scanner with ADF, a high-resolution scanner and duplex scanning capabilities. However, the scanner can only process up to five pages per hour through the feeder.
- Ultra-low-cost per-page: Cut ink costs up to 90%
- Compact A3 printer: A3 + rear media feed and A4 print, copy, scan and fax
- The next generation ink filling system: Easy and hassle-free refills for the enhanced ink bottles
- Mobile printing and connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet & free mobile printing apps
- For business: A4 250-sheet front plate, A4 35-sheet A4 DDF
Read More Reviews
Best Budget Printer
Brother MFC-1200WBrother MFC-1200W is our favourite budget printer. This inkjet allin-one is simple and perfect for those who only need to print a few pages.
It feels sturdy despite its price. It prints documents very well and photographs are crisp and clear.
It can produce approximately 1100 color pages and 700 black pages. Although it is not as efficient as the Brother MFC J4335DW, this printer is still outstanding. Also, the ink cartridges used are quite cheap so that your cost per printed page will be low. It is a budget model so you will have to compromise on certain features like an automatic document feeder or Ethernet connectivity.
The printer's printing speed is slow, so it isn’t the best choice to print long reports or essays.
- PRINT, COPY AND SCAN: This 3-in-1 machine can handle a range of document handling requirements from vivid inkjet printing to high resolution scanning
- PRINT FROM YOUR PHONE - With the Brother Mobile Connect app (free on Android and iOS), you can print anywhere and anytime, and place your order for replacement inks to be delivered directly to your home.
- HIGH QUALITYPHOTO PRINTS
- DESKTOP FRIENDLY It can fit easily into small spaces or even onto your desktop.
- LARGE IN-BOX INKS: With up to 720 page in-box inks, replacement 750 page cartridges and the optional value pack containing four 750 page cartridges, you can keep printing for longer without the need to replace your ink
Read More Reviews
Best Upper Mid-Range Printer
If you only print black and white documents, a monochrome model might be a good option. Our recommendation is the Brother MFC-L2750DW, an all-in-one laser printer. It offers the usual Wi Fi, USB and Ethernet connectivity. NFC is supported, so you can simply tap your NFC-enabled devices on the printer to make a connection.
This scanner has an automatic feeder which allows it to scan multi-page documents quickly. It can also scan double-sided pages in one pass. It produces around 1200 prints using its inexpensive toner cartridge.
You also only have to replace one cartridge with monochrome printing, which means that the cost per print is extremely low.
You will have to replace each drum separately. However the drum is typically good for approximately 12,000 prints so you probably won't need it as often. It doesn't take long to warm up and prints quickly at 36 pages per minute.
- Mono multi-functional monoprinter - print copy, scan, and fax
- Automatic duplex printing
- Print speeds as high as 34ppm
- Scan speeds: mono 23.6ipm (ADF), colour 7.5ipm (ADF)
- Resolution: You can print and scan up 1200 x 1200dpi. You can also copy up 600 x 600dpi
- Paper inputs: 250 sheets capacity, 1 sheet manual slot, 50 sheets ADF
- 6.8cm colour touchscreen control panels
- 256MB of memory
- USB 2.0, wired network and wireless (AirPrint Cloud Print, Mopria, Mopria, Mopria, NFC connectivity)
- A 200-page address book can be used for email and fax numbers. The address book can also be used for broadcasting.
Click Here to Purchase
Best Printers in the Mid-Range
Brother MFC-J4335DWThe Brother MFCJ4335DW, a great mid-range choice for home use, is our recommendation. It is also one of the top color printers that we have ever tested.
This well-built inkjet all-in-one has plenty of features and a high page yield to help keep your maintenance costs low. The printer can be connected via Ethernet, Wi-Fi or USB. It can also be used with Brother's mobile companion app to scan, copy, print, and complete maintenance tasks.
It prints quickly at 17 black or 15 color pages per minute and doesn't take long to wake from sleep.
The scanner produces high-quality documents. Although it has limited color accuracy and range, the printed photos look great. Although it scans 20 pages per minute, the ADF-equipped scanner doesn't support duplex printing. If you want to scan double-sided sheets, you'll need to flip them manually.
- Brand: Brother
- Connectivity: technology Wi-Fi, USB
- Inkjet printing technology
- Series: MFC-J4335DW
- Printouts in colour
- Maximum print speed (colour): 19 ppm
- Max print speed monochrome: 20 ppm
- Item weight is 1000 grams
- Product dimensions: 34.3D x 43.5W x 18H centimetres
- Controller type: iOS, Android
Get a Detailed Overview