Best Budget Printer
Brother MFC-J1200WBrother MFC-1200W is our favorite budget printer. This inkjet allin-one is simple and perfect for those who only need to print a few pages.
Despite its low price, it feels sturdy and has all the standard Wi-Fi connectivity and USB connectivity. It also supports Apple AirPrint and Mopria Print Service. Print documents look great, and photos are very detailed and accurate.
It produces around 1100 pages in black and 700 pages in color, which is not as great as the Brother MFCJ4335DW. However, it's still an outstanding printer. The cartridges are very cheap so you will have a low cost per print. It is a budget model so you will have to compromise on certain features like an automatic document feeder or Ethernet connectivity.
Its printing speed can be slow so it is not the best choice for printing essays and long reports.
- PRINT COPY & SCAN: This 3-in-1 device can handle a range document handling requirements, from high resolution scanning to vibrant inkjet printing.
- PRINT DIRECTLY FROM YOUR PHONE WITH THE BROTH Mobile Connect App: Available on Android and iOS for FREE, you can print any time, anywhere. And, you can order replacement inks right at your doorstep.
- HIGH QUALITYPHOTO PRINTS
- DESKTOP FRIENDLY It is small enough to fit into tight spaces, or on your desktop.
- Large IN-Box Inks: You can print for longer with large inks that last up to 720 pages, replacement 750-page cartridges, and the optional value pack which contains four 750-page cartridges.
Get a Detailed Overview
Best printer at a cheap price
Canon PIXMA MG3650Canon PIXMA MG3650 will suffice for you if you only need a printer for occasional usage. Although it doesn't feel particularly well-built and only has a basic flatbed scanner, it still prints good-quality documents and photos.
This printer has a low page yield which is the main problem with most cheap printers. The printer comes with two ink cartridges: one black and one color. They are only good for about 200 color and black prints.
It's relatively inexpensive to replace ink, so you won't have to spend a lot. However, it can be inconvenient as it requires a lot more maintenance and could result in a lot of prints that aren't complete or faded.
You will also need to replace every cartridge in case one of the colors runs out, as it is a tri-color printer. Again, it's an okay choice for the occasional print job, but if you print more regularly, it's best to get a model with better page yields.
- Print technology: Inkjet. Printing: Colour. Copying in Colour
- Maximum resolution: 4800x1200 DPI. Mono print speed (ISO/IEC 24734: 9.9 ipm. Print speed (ISO/IEC 24734 mono: 9.9 IPM.
- Copy speed (normal quality, black, A4): 2.7 cpm
- Optical scanning resolution: 1200x2400 DPI. Maximum scan area: 297 x 216 mm
- Scan type is Flatbed. Maximum input capacity: 100 sheets
- Automatic double sided printing
Get a Detailed Overview
Canon imageCLASS MF744Cdw
Canon imageCLASS MF744Cdw is our favorite printer. It's an all-in one laser printer that can be used in offices. This model is exceptionally sturdy and has many connectivity options. It can print directly from a USB drive or Wi-Fi. It produces sharp documents with a speedy output of 29 black and color pages per minutes. The toner cartridges can produce a lot of prints (around 3000 black prints and 2000 color prints), so they don't need much maintenance. Although they are pricey, the cost per print will not rise over time. Also, the cartridges have the drum built-in, so you won't need to spend extra to replace the drum separately. It's equipped with an ADF scanner that produces high-quality scans. The scanner can also process double-sided sheets in a single go. However, it's slow and can only scan up five pages per min.
The biggest problem with laser printers is their inability to print photos. This is still the case with the MF744Cdw. The Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550 is an all in one inkjet printer that can be used for photo printing. The printer prints vivid, detailed photos and can be used for borderless printing of up to 13"x19". It's also a supertank. This means you can refill the ink with ink cartridges instead of using cartridges. Replacement ink is cheap, so you don't need to worry about high maintenance costs. There are trade-offs. It doesn't have an automatic document feeder and it prints slower than the others.
Read about this on Amazon
The Best Mid-Range Printer
Brother MFC-J4335DWFor a more mid-range option intended for home use, we recommend the Brother MFC-J4335DW, one of the best color printers we've tested.
This well-built all-inkjet inkjet has many features and a high print yield, which will keep your maintenance costs low. The printer can be connected to via Wi-Fi and Ethernet. You can also use Brother's mobile companion application to print, scan and copy as well as perform maintenance tasks.
It prints quickly at either 17 or 15 color pages per hour and takes only a few seconds to get up from sleep.
It produces high-quality documents. Even though it isn't the most accurate or widest in color, printed photos still look sharp. The ADF-equipped scanner can scan up to 20 pages per hour but does not support duplex scanning. This means that you will still need to flip the pages manually if scanning double-sided papers.
- Brand Brother
- Connectivity: technology Wi-Fi, USB
- Inkjet technology for printing
- Series: MFC-J4335DW
- Printer output: Colour
- Maximum print speed (colour): 19 ppm
- Max print speed monochrome: 20 ppm
- Item weight: 1000 Grams
- Product dimensions: 34.3D x 43.5W x 18H centimetres
- Controller type: iOS, Android
Get a Detailed Overview
Best Upper Mid-Range Printer
A monochrome model is a good choice if you only need to print black and/or white documents. Our recommendation is for the Brother MFC-2750DW, an allin-one laser printer. It can be connected via NFC by tapping any NFC-enabled device.
The scanner is equipped with an automatic feeder to quickly process multi-page documents, and it can scan double-sided sheets in a single pass. It is affordable and produces about 1200 prints with its toner cartridge.
Because it's monochrome you only need one cartridge, which makes the cost of each print extremely affordable.
Although you will need to replace the drum each time, the drum can usually hold around 12,000 prints. It takes only a few minutes to warm up and prints fast at 36 pages per min.
- Mono multi-functional printer - print, copy, scan and fax
- Automatic duplex print
- Print speeds as high as 34ppm
- Scan speeds: mono 23.6ipm (ADF), colour 7.5ipm (ADF)
- Resolution: Scan up to 1200x1200dpi and print, or copy 600x600dpi
- Paper inputs - 250 sheet capacity tray, 1 sheets manual feed slot and 50 sheet ADF
- 6.8cm colour touchscreen controller panel
- 256MB memory
- USB 2.0, wired network, wireless (AirPrint, Cloud Print, Mopria) and NFC connectivity
- Radio broadcasting is possible with the 200-capacity Address Book for Emails and Fax Numbers. Up to 20 Groups can be accommodated.
See the Great Reviews
Wide Format Printers
Epson EcoTank ET-15000If you need a printer that supports tabloid-size paper, get the Epson EcoTank ET-15000. This inkjet supertank model can produce thousands of prints making it an excellent choice for large posters.
It prints quickly and has a paper tray that holds 270 sheets. You can also complete large jobs without interruptions.
It is important to know that it does not support tabloid printing. You can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi or USB. It also supports Apple AirPrint. It is equipped with a scanner with ADF, a high-resolution scanner and duplex scanning capabilities. However, the scanner can only process up to five pages per hour through the feeder.
- Ultra-low-cost per page: Reduce ink costs by 90 Percent
- Compact A3 printer - A3 + rear media feed, A4 print, copy and scan and fax
- Next generation ink system: Use the enhanced ink bottles to refill your ink bottles without any hassle or mess
- Mobile printing and connectivity: Wi Fi, Wi-Fi Direct & Ethernet.
- Designed for businesses: A4 250-sheet back tray, 35-sheet a4 ADF
Get a Detailed Overview