SEASON 6 of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone kicks off today and it’s the Verdansk map’s swansong.
Raven Software’s Amos Hodge confirmed the news in a Season Six Studio Broadcast video which has been clipped below by CoD Twitter account CharlieIntel.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 6 content
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 6
The Season 6 update rolled out overnight so players can dive into the new content right now.
Warzone’s original gulag has been brought back to Verdansk, and a number of points of interest (POIs) have been added.
As the Warzone blog points out, the gulag is almost identical to Modern Warfare’s Gunfight map so veterans should be able to breeze through the area.
We’ve also got the showdown between Adler and Stitch, the finale to Black Ops Cold War Zombies, and something spooky for Halloween with The Haunting seasonal event.
There’s also prepping going on for Call of Duty: Vanguard going on with WWII era bunkers popping up, and a regiment transition ahead of the Clan system.
Here’s a breakdown of the new content and features from Treyarch:
- Battle Pass:
- 100 New Battle Pass Tiers
- New Battle Pass Operator: Mason
- Free Battle Pass weapons: .410 Ironhide Shotgun and Grav Assault Rifle
- Three bonus Bulldozer Operator Skins included with the Battle Pass Bundle
- New free Black Ops Mixtape War Tracks in the Battle Pass + more
- Five total weapons throughout the season, including the Battle Axe, LAPA SMG, and Hammer & Sickle
- New Weapon Unlock Challenges
- Four new Prestige Levels
- New Prestige Shop Weapon Blueprint and Legacy content
- New weapon tuning for the EM2, TEC-9, Marshal, C58, LC10, and more
- New Season Six lobby theming
- + More in-season, including new “Fuze” Operator and “The Haunting” Event
- New 6v6 Map: Deprogram
- New 6v6 Map: Amerika
- New 2v2/3v3/Face Off 6v6 Map: Gluboko
- New Featured Playlists: Deprogram 24/7, Face Off Gluboko 24/7
- New Multiplayer Operator Missions
- 20 New Multiplayer Season Challenges
- + More in-season, including new MP modes & more during “The Haunting” Event
- New Round-Based Map: “Forsaken”
- New Perk: PhD Slider (+5 Skill Tiers)
- New Wonder Weapon: Chrysalax
- New Support Weapons: ARC-XD and Hand Cannon
- New “Forsaken” Challenges
- New Dark Aether story Intel
- New Zombies Operator Missions
- 20 New Zombies Season Challenges
- New Onslaught Map: Deprogram (PlayStation®)
- New Onslaught Mode: Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- New Onslaught Weapon Blueprint challenge (PlayStation)
- + More in-season, including a new Outbreak LTM during “The Haunting” Event
We’re still waiting for the full patch notes to drop, but there’s additional info on the patch notes blog that rolled out before the Season 6 update:
- Adjusted Operator Mission titles that were named incorrectly.
- Knife Fight 3v3
- Added the Sai and “Tri Chroma” Blueprint to Knife Fight 3v3 loadouts.
- Knife Fight 3v3 [NEW] (now featuring the Sai)
- Zoo 24/7(Also available in Hardcore)
- Demolition(Also available in Hardcore)
- Nuketown 24/7(Also available in Hardcore)
- Face Off 6v6(Also available in Hardcore)
- 12v12 Moshpit (Also available in Hardcore)
- Party Games
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Outbreak Survival
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Dead Ops Arcade 3: First Person
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Drive-In (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Diminishing Light (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
We’ll update the patch notes with anything pertinent after they become available.
- Read the latest stories for PS5
- Keep up-to-date with all the Xbox news
- Read the latest gaming news
Outside of Call of Duty, the Battlefield 2042 beta is going on right now, although it doesn’t open up for general access until tomorrow.
Meanwhile, FIFA 22 could be the last title in the series as EA reviews it FIFA license.
And check out our Nintendo Switch OLED review ahead of tomorrow’s release.